- Term fees are to be fully by the end of each term
- We are unable to refund/credit term fees or part thereof due to absence/change of mind.
- One free trial class is available, if students continue after this then full term fees must be paid.
- A $10 late fee will be applied to fees not paid by the due date.
- If students are away for a full term then fees are not charged, however the student may lose their place in the class if we are able to fill it.
- Costumes payments must be paid in full by the end of term 2.
PRE-LOVED DANCE UNIFORM SHOP POLICY
- To sell – place your clean, 2nd hand items in sealable bag. Add your details to the to bag and hand in to reception into log. Label your bag with details: Item number, Name, Description & Price.
- To buy – Choose your item. Place cash in your item’s sealable bag (or envelope) & deposit to receptionist who will transfer to owner.
- Note – families who have left the school should either remove their items from sale or email to arrange collection of any money from sales within 6 months. After 6 months any remaining items will be regarded as a donation to the school.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING POLICY
Shae’k’it Studios fosters the celebration student’s achievements. We realise how important photos and recorded footage of your children’s special moments are. We have the following policy to encourage responsible use of images produced:
- Concert / Production – Photography and filming is permitted. We request that you focus only on your own child and do not publish any footage on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc) which includes other students.
- General Weekly Classes – Photographing or filming during classes is only allowed if the teacher and other students/parents give permission. Footage must not be published on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc).
- Staff at – Teachers may film and photograph students during classes. Films are useful as a learning tool providing visual feedback to students. Photos are also used in displays at the school or published in the newsletter. Teachers are not permitted to publish images of students on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc). Some images may be use on the social media pages for our studio. Please notify the school if you do not wish photos of your child to be used in this way.
- Social Media – Shae’K’It Studios Social Media Policy refers to all social networking sites, video/photo sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, podcasts, forums, instant messaging and geo-spatial tagging (for example, Facebook check-ins). Please see below for our regulations regarding Social Media and feel free to contact our office staff if you have any questions.- Please remember that your anonymity on Social Media is never guaranteed and to exercise particular caution when posts, images or videos identify children in your care.
– Remain mindful that your behaviour on Social Media remains in keeping with Shae’K’It Studios’ code of conduct as outlined in chapter 6 of this handbook.
– Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards Shae’K’It Studios staff, students or families may subject the owner to disciplinary or legal action.
– Should you wish to engage on Social Media while identifying as a studio volunteer or employee, you may only do so with integrity, respect, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality policy.
– Any content revealing or referring to sensitive studio information is not allowed to be shared online.
– Intellectual property laws (for example, costume design and choreography) must be observed by all studio patrons when posting online.
– While affiliated with our studio, (for example, images of your child in Shae’K’It Studios uniform) we will
not tolerate any posts that are racially, sexually, physically or religiously offensive.
– All matters pertaining directly to the studio – whether it be fees, scheduling, placements or performance opportunities – may not be communicated via Social Media. We have an open door policy and encourage all communication, complaints and feedback to be communicated to the principal directly.
– Families found to be engaging in ‘hidden’ or ‘private’ groups formed for the specific purpose of discussing studio matters will be encouraged to join our closed Facebook group for public discussion and warned against discussing Studio matters in their private online groups.
– Photos or Videos taken from performances or rehearsals may NOT be posted online.
– You may not post photographs / videos that feature Shae’K’It Studios dancers online.
– Identifying information of any featured minors – including names, ages or location – must be removed when posting on Social Media.
- At least on teacher on site must have a current First Aid certificate.
- Teachers will call for an ambulance if they think it is necessary.
- Parents must list illnesses and allergies on the school’s Enrolment Form or notify the school in writing via email.
- Students must bring any required Epipens/Anapens, Insulin, puffers etc to every class. Younger children are to pass this to the teacher.
- If parents have any serious concerns about their children’s health at dance then they must remain on the premises while their child is dancing.
- Please notify the school via email if a class or classes are to be missed.
- If a number classes are missed then this may effect the student’s involvement in group choreography. They may not be included in the sections taught when they were absent.
- In some cases, private lessons may be required to catch up on work taught in classes they were absent from.
- Students are encouraged to attend their classes, to sit and watch, if they are mildly sick (not contagious) or injured